Order & Return Policy
Order & Return PolicyQUOTATIONS
Requests for quotation which are received via our website are sent to the store admin for processing. Quotes are usually processed within 1-2 business days. Please contact us directly should you wish to modify a quote, check on the status of a quote or to request further information concerning products.
ORDER LEAD TIMES
Please note that some items in our store are manufactured to order. Your backorder is sent to our factory as soon as your payment is received. Backorder shipments have a lead time of 3 weeks from date of order. If orders are made up of in-stock and backorder items our standard practice is to ship the entire order when the backorder items are received in our warehouse. It is however to part ship orders upon request.
Culinary Equipment Company will supply all products in good order and will ensure that goods are dispatched in good order. Damages caused by Culinary during Culinary operated deliveries shall be Culinary's responsibility. Damages casued during 3rd party shipping are covered by that company's insurance. Insurance processing times may vary depending on the courier service company.
- Items shown in stock on our website are in stock in one of our warehouses and can ship immediately (usually within 48 hours) upon receipt of payment or on account for trade customers.
- For very remote areas not serviced by standard couriers orders will be quoted by a suitable 3rd party carrier to a convenient curbside location. In unusual circumstances we reserve the right to request an alternate delivery address.
- Please note that we cannot ship to a PO Box address.
- At present we offer shipping to South Africa via our website.
- Shipping rates to all countries except South Africa are based on quotation from our shipping company. Please contact us for more information on how to ship an order to your company.
- We also offer EXW shipping on items to any African country. Payment terms are in advance. We strictly charge VAT on EXW exports which is credited upon receipt of valid export documentation.
Cancelled orders that have been picked and packed are subject to a 5% restocking fee. Items that have been shipped cannot be cancelled and will need to be returned. Please see our returns policy and procedure for details on how to process a return. In extreme cases we reserve the right to cancel an order for which payment has already been received. This may occur if stock is insufficient or the quality of goods ordered in which case you shall receive a full refund to the value of their order.RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
Should you wish to return any item in your purchase, Give us a call on +27 (0)11 701 2200 and we’ll complete all the necessary details over the phone. One of our Customer Support consultants will call you back to complete the transaction.
NB: You will need a Return Authorization Slip (RMA) before returning any merchandise. Please do not ship an item back or drop it at a store before contacting our Customer Support team. Culinary stores are not able to process RMA transactions for online shipments.WHAT IS OUR RETURNS POLICY?
- Most items purchased from Culinary can be returned for exchange within 30 days of purchase.
- Exceptions are detailed in the list below in the "Exclusions and Limitations" conditions below.
- A RMA authorization slip is required before shipping goods back to Culinary.
- Items must be unused, and in its original condition. All tags and stickers must be intact.
- The client is responsible for the cost of returning all merchandise to Culinary.
- Responsibility passes to Culinary only when the merchandise arrives in our warehouse.
If the item was purchased more than 30 days previously to the return, but no more than 60 days previous to the return it may be returned for exchange or refund. We reserve the right to charge a 10% handling fee on the exchange value of the goods.NO RECEIPT RETURNS POLICY?
If you do not have an original receipt, items cannot be returned or exchanged. Please keep your original invoice for 60 days after purchase.WHAT ABOUT FAULTY PRODUCTS?
If an item is faulty, it can be returned to Culinary after purchase with the original receipt for repair or replacement. If an item is found to be faulty by our technical services department, we shall inform you of the best course of action concerning repair or replacement of the item.DO I NEED TO RETURN THE ITEM IN ITS ORIGINAL PACKAGING?
An item must be returned in the original manufacturer’s packaging for exchanges and refunds.
What if I don’t have the original packaging? We reserve the right to refuse goods that cannot resold or charge a 15% fee to the exchange value in cases when the original packaging is damaged.EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
Our warranty does not apply in the following cases;
- Damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, flood, fire, earthquake or other external causes;
- Damage caused by operating the product outside the permitted or intended uses described by the manufacturer;
- Damage caused by repairs performed by anyone who is not a representative of Culinary;
- To a product or part that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Culinary;
- To damage caused due to electric fault or outage;
- To cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and similar occurrences.
- Items cannot be exchanged after use.
- Items sold at a discount price can only be exchanged for other items to the value of the original purchase i.e. at the discounted value.
- No returns will be accepted on items purchased on sale.
- Items which have been misused cannot be exchanged.